Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Bed-Making Challenge

Confession:
I am horrible at making my bed.
Sure, I go through good spurts of making it religiously.
But mostly, with all the chaos that comes with our morning "routine"
we all run out of the house with not a bed made.
And the saddest part about this bad habit is that I am passing it on to my children.

So in an effort to save Dominic... his future roommates and eventually his wife...we started the

Summer Bed-Making Challenge.

The Challenge:
To make his bed every day by 10am
(it's not mean...he's always up by 9:30 at the latest)
"Mom Style."
(I had to specify because the first day he just pulled his comforter straight over the bed and tossed the pillows on.)
We began the first weekend of Summer Break and we will "finish" the first day of school.
He gets $25 on the first day of school assuming he makes it every day.
(The up-shot...he's gone at least a total of 2 weeks this Summer...of which he doesn't need to do a thing!)
How's he doing so far?
He's missed 2 days.
Every day he misses, his money gets decreased by a buck.
2 days though...not bad!
I'll let you know at the end of the Summer how he did.
P.S. How long does it take to turn an activity into a habit...
21 days?
Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm a bed-maker, and we're trying to raise bed-makers, but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely NOT a bed maker... Thankfully my husband is. So yeah, this is a great thing to teach your boys!! ;)

    ReplyDelete