Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary

8 years ago today I married my best friend. And even though we've been married for 8 years, we have been together for 14 1/2 years...WOW! Crazy!

I met Jeff because he was my older brother's high school and college buddy. I was in junior high when they were in high school and Jeff would come over once in a while to hang with Scott. To tell you the truth...I never really had an interest in him. However, looking back on my BFF, Roseanne's, 16th birthday, in which Scott and Jeff so graciously provided their DJ expertise, I remember walking up to Jeff and saying, "If you weren't so old, Jeff, I'd date you." Yes I really did say that to him! And then there was the search for my Senior Ball date...I remember having a conversation with my mom, saying, "Do you think Jeff would go? I just want someone to go with and have a good time, without any drama." I then decided that a college guy would probably not want to go to a high school Senior Ball, especially with a girl who had a 3 month old baby.

Early the following year, Jeff called my brother and asked him if he could take me out. Scott could hardly say no, considering he had dated many of my girlfriends over the years ;) So when Jeff called and asked, I considered all the guys that were calling and begging for dates...and said, "Sure!" It didn't take long to realize that we had a little something goin' on.

1997: (Shortly after we started dating) OMG! We were young!


In 1998, I caught the bouquet at Scott and Jeff's best friend, Matt's, wedding.


December 2000:


Finally Jeff proposed to me on "The Christmas Train" in the Chapel Car in front of all our family on December 1, 2001. It was a night I'll never forget. (He even bought one of those Ring Pop's for Dominic to include him as well...but not before taking my parents out to dinner to ask for my hand. If you know Jeff, you know that was a BIG deal!)


And one of the best days of my life: June 21, 2003. The first day of Summer. The longest day of the year!


It was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.


Anniversary 2007 on vacation with the fam in Mendocino:


Rose's wedding in September 2008:


And this past weekend in Carmel:


I cannot even begin to tell you how special this man is. He has a quiet simplicity about him. He lets me take the reigns and run the show. For the most part. Every once in a while he pulls me back down to earth and reminds me "who's boss." He loves me know matter what and he just...gets me! "Get out of my head!" is often a phrase we say to eachother.

We have had a lot of laughter. And a lot of tears. But the Lord has blessed me with a partner to share it all with. I cannot imagine my life without him in it and pray everyday that we continue to work at this thing we've got goin'. Cuz it's pretty darn good!

I love you honey!

Happy Anniversary!

(And thank you for being patient while I finish up this post.)

P.S. The guy just gets cuter and cuter with age, huh?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute!!! Look at you guys...you were babies!! :) Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff does age well! ;) Happy anniversary you two. Here's to many, many more years together.

    ReplyDelete