Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Not About Santa!

Last week before school got out for "Winter Break" Connor's Kindergarten classes put on a Christmas Program filled with songs and poems.

SO CUTE!

Bunga and Corben met Emma and me at the school to watch.

To all of our surprise, Santa showed up!

After the program everyone went back to their own classrooms for a party, to which Santa showed up as well.
In the classroom Santa went around to each child and said, "What's your name?"
Then proceeded to say, "Merry Christmas..." and handed him/her a candy cane.

Connor is still a little leary of Santa, but put on a brave face for all of his friends.




This is what Connor had to say on the way home from school that day:

"Mom I kept trying to raise my hand today to tell my teacher that
Christmas is NOT about Santa. It's about GOD! She wouldn't call on me though, so
I didn't get a chance to tell her.
They make such a big deal about Santa coming back when they should be celebrating Jesus' birthday!

And that wasn't the real Santa anyway!
First of all...that beard was fake!
Second of all...he had holes in his gloves.
And Mo-om...Santa knows who I am!
That guy had to ask me my name!"

Who can argue with that?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! That's one smart cookie you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor has always been wise beyond his years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE everything about this post!! He's quite the observant 5 year old! :)

    ReplyDelete