Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Puzzled

My buddy has been very "into" puzzles lately....no not Jeff;)
Yes, this would be great if he was interested in the 24-piece puzzles that we have stacked in the entertainment cabinet. But he is LOVING the 1000-piece puzzles that my mom has stacked in her closets. Some of these have been making their way to my house...and onto my dining room table for several days at a time.
Don't get me wrong...I think it's amazing that he is doing these. I just have to resign myself to the idea that I will have some sort of a puzzle in process on my dining room table indefinitely.


Of course his favorites have a train somewhere on them. He is pretty amazing...I'll be looking all over for a particular piece. He'll say, "Mommy, what are you looking for?" I'll show him the area that I'm working on, and a minute later he'll find just what I need!

He had some money from Valentine's Day and asked me to take him to JoAnne's to buy a puzzle. He found a few train puzzles and I was able to talk him in to purchasing a 500-piece instead of the 1000-piece.

I'm not going to lie...sometimes after he's in bed I work on it a little bit...I like to say that it's because it makes the process go a little faster, but I actually find some calming affects from working on a puzzle.

When Connor gets up in the morning he is very excited to see that someone has worked on it.

Even Jeff and sometimes, Dominic, put a couple of pieces in when they have some extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment