Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pinewood Derby

Connor started Cub Scouts in 1st Grade and one of the big events that they hold every year is the Pinewood Derby. Each boy gets a block of wood, some wheels and axels. Then the creativity begins.
Each car has to be under a certain weight and has to be built within certain guidelines.
It's a big deal to the boys (and some dads!!) and they spend weeks carving, sanding and painting.

The main reason why I'm blogging about this is because I am not a saver. In a year I probably will get rid of Connor's car (probably when he makes his car next year.) And in all fairness I document anything like this that I will eventually throw away. (I'm sorry! I just can't keep it all Buddy!)
He worked so hard this year and was very proud that the weights on top look like guns on top of a tank. There are several races and even trophies for the winners.

No trophy this year but still a ton of fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment